Appeals Review Board Code of Conduct
The Appeals Review Board will consist of five members: one faculty member, one staff member, two students, and one member of the College Council. The chair of the Appeals Review Board shall be any faculty or staff member who serves as a member of the Student Conduct Board. The chair formally presents all information on the case being appealed, participates in board discussions, and votes on all matters before the board. Members of the Appeals Review Board will be assigned from a list of volunteers of faculty, staff, and students; the College Council member will be appointed by the chair of the College Council. A quorum shall consist of three members, including the chair, at least one of whom must be a student.
The Appeals Review Board will
• review appeals submitted by students within the designated time frame;
• determine which cases will be granted appeals;
• where deemed appropriate, allow students who have received guilty verdicts to personally address the board and answer questions posed by members of the Appeals Review Board;
• in cases where sexual misconduct is alleged, and where deemed appropriate, allow complainants who wish to challenge the results of a hearing to personally address the board and answer questions posed by members of the Appeals Review Board;
• where deemed appropriate, vacate findings and/or reduce sanctions;
• where deemed appropriate, grant new hearings; and
• where deemed appropriate, uphold the decisions of the original Student Conduct Board.
Please use the links below to view the instructional video and the Student Conduct Appeal Form.
Back to Top
Some content on this page is saved in PDF format. To view these files, download Adobe Acrobat Reader free. If you are having trouble reading a document, request an accessible copy of the PDF or Word Document.